19/08/2008

Eastbourne and weather

I'm sitting here waiting for an A1 document to print, so I shall comment on the dark clouds rolling in across the sky for yet another day. THIS WEATHER SUCKS! Partly cos it's rubbishy weather, mostly because I can't really get much practice in for Eastbourne. The Major race in the UK; the IGSA World Cup at Beachy Head. The local council are well up for this as oyu can read on the site; they've resurfaced the hill with race grade tarmac, and are provding floodlighting for night-time riding.

As I'm competing I feel it'd be a good idea to get some practice in, but I dont really want to have to do it in the pissing rain. I even have my full leathers required for safety; average speed is 30 miles per hour, max is 50mph if you're clever. I've hit the 30mph average (on St Johns hill for those of you that know Sevenoaks) but thats only over 0.8km, and it has no techical corners. The technical aspect of cornering is where I'll most likely fall down (not literally I hope!); there's no substitute for practice, but there's no substitute for good weather either. I need to build up my strength aswell: the leathers and full face helmet are heavy and provide a significant resistance to normallly easy and comfortable movements. The tuck position is also a little uncomfortable aswell, so i need to be able to hold that for about 2 minutes 30 seconds to get to the end of the course still in the aerodynamic pose (Pics to follow).

Anyway! I'm off to print some more drawings now autoCAD has stopped failing so miserably at fast processsing.

BYE!

No comments:

Post a Comment